BASE Analytics is a knowledge center of data analytics specialists within BASE life science. BASE Analytics combines highly specialized knowledge across different disciplines to create lasting value in the life science industry. We believe that the combination of a problem-solving mindset and a tailored approach to each client will deliver significant value and lasting impact.
We are currently expanding our practice area, BASE Analytics, with a handful of dedicated and passionate analytical masterminds, who will become an essential part of growing and defining the area of Data Engineering. BASE Analytics covers a multitude of disciplines such as Business Intelligence, Advanced Analytics/AI and Data Engineering. The area collaborates with other professional practice areas within BASE life science to deliver a set of complete solutions for customers within the life science industry.
More specifically, we are looking for Senior Data Engineers with 3-10 years of experience within Data Engineering, ideally within the Life Science industry. As a Senior Data Engineer, your main task will be to identify and solve problems of a complex nature through advanced analytical methods and assist in progress within the overall defined deliverables of a project. You will lead Data Engineering projects or tracks and participate in large data-centered projects requiring in-depth knowledge of e.g. data modeling, data engineering, and data governance.
Required skills and experience:
- High level of drive with an independent approach and high genuine affinity with problem-solving
- Experience designing, developing, optimizing and troubleshooting complex data-intensive applications using Spark, HDFS, Kafka, MapReduce, MongoDB or similar big data-related technologies.
- Must know PySpark, Python and SQL/T-SQL; comfortable with Java and/or Scala.
- Comfortable designing and implementing data warehouse and pipelines—such as ETL/ELT, data integration, and streaming—to support teams focused in Analytics.
- Experienced and certification in AWS or/and Azure Cloud Platform.
- Experience and certification in Azure SQL Data Warehouse, AWS Redshift or/and other MPP data warehouses
- Experience and certification in Mulesoft, Talend, SSIS, Azure ADF or/and Informatica PowerCenter
- Ability to engineer for performance, scalability, latency, & reliability.
- Ability to lead proofs-of-concept and then effectively transition and scale those concepts into production at scale through, engineering, deployment, and commercialization.
- Ability to deal with structured, semi-structured, unstructured and streaming data.
- Experience with agile frameworks like DevOps and SAFe®
- Ability to structure tasks and know how to process details in an efficient manner
- Build relationships and convey complex information to a technical and non-technical audience
- Drive and develop data engineering best practice and skills in our analytics team
Lastly, we expect you to be up to date on the latest trends within Data Engineering, as we desire likeminded people who are curious and constantly seek new knowledge.
WHAT CAN WE OFFER?
In short, we will offer you an entrepreneurial work environment where you will be able to quickly make an impact for our customers and the development of the Analytics practice area within BASE life science. Additionally, we also offer:
- An attractive pension scheme and set of insurances
- A steady growing workplace with flexible working hours
- Ongoing learning and development for employees
- The informal style of management and communication with direct access to top management
- An inspiring working environment with many social events
- Friday breakfast meetings to catch up with colleagues
- Team events & outings
ARE YOU INTRIGUED?
If you want to hear more please reach out to our recruitment Partner Stine Amina Toft at +45 70 30 00 80 or email@example.com
Your time and career are important to Strepa
… and you can expect honesty, respect, and constructive feedback from us.
As a candidate working with Strepa, we do our best to match you with companies, which reflects your values and ambitions and can contribute to your professional development so you stay passionate and motivated in your job.