Programme Planner for “Copenhagen Future Rail Network”
Can you manage the Programme Plan for one of Denmark’s largest programmes, and do you have solid experience from large complex programmes, and are you among the best in your field?
Then you might be the one we are looking for! The preparations for one of Denmark's most exciting projects are starting now, and you will have a crucial role in participating in the foundational decisions.
The Copenhagen Future Rail Network
The train is the future, but the future is not waiting for the train. Therefore, DSB is investing to ensure the Danes an environmentally friendly and attractive alternative to cars, buses, and aircraft. The Copenhagen Future Rail Network must promote growth and mobility in the metropolitan area and continue to contribute to a climate-friendly urban environment.
Over the coming years, the Greater Copenhagen S-train Network will be transformed from a traditional urban railway into the largest fully automated transport system in the world. It is a major change to our 90-year-old railway, and it must all succeed without affecting the 375,000 times a day our customers choose to take an S-train.
About the job
As our new Programme Planner, you will have a great responsibility and an important role in ensuring realistic, executable, and communicable plans. You have a thorough overview and will manage our programme plan and the complex internal and external dependencies in order to meet all programme requirements and milestones.
You will also have the overall responsibility for the quality and integration of the project plans, and you resolve programme performance issues and develop recovery plans and process improvement throughout all programme phases.
Other specific tasks
- Maintain and ensure an overview of our programme plan
- Manage internal and external dependencies internally within the programme, within DSB and outwards towards the rest of the stakeholders
- Overall responsibility for quality and integration of project plans into the programme plan
- Activity and resource planning at programme level
- Support for Project Managers regarding project plans and the deliverables
- Lead and develop the planning discipline across the programme
- Monitor and report on progress in terms of deliverables, time and resources
- Provide input in relation to contract follow-up on advisers and contractors
- Close cooperation with other management disciplines such as finance, contract management, risk management, and reporting
The "Copenhagen Future Rail Network" is a long-term program staffed partly by internal DSB resources and partly by consultants. The way of working is informal in close collaboration with talented and committed colleagues.
Your professional skills
As a person, you are motivated and passionate about your profession. At the same time, you enjoy change and a variety of different work tasks and you work well with different professions and disciplines. In addition, you are good at communicating and take pride in details and orderliness. You have solid practical experience with project planning and either programme or portfolio planning.
You have specific experience with the following:
- Plus 5 years experience as Programme Planner for Large complex programmes
- Solid experience with best-practice planning tools such as PRINCE2
- Resource management planning combined with a strong focus on the details while being able to communicate the broader scope of the plan
- Familiar with the critical path method (CPM)
- Experience with MSP is a plus
- A master degree or another similar academic education is required
You have strong collaboration skills and you understand the importance of the interaction between the many stakeholders in a large and complex programme with constant changes. You are solution-oriented, pragmatic and an independent planner who wants to develop the management of the programme.
An exciting and meaningful job with room for your own ideas and great responsibility with influence in the “Copenhagen Future Rail Network” and in creating an environmentally sustainable transportation solution with a high degree of public interest.
Your workplace is DSB's head office in Taastrup a few minutes’ walk from the station. We have fitness facilities, good canteen arrangements, and open and bright modern facilities. We offer a salary and employment terms that match your qualification.
Application and recruitment process
We continually read new applications and conduct interviews. We, therefore, recommend you applying as soon as possible with your application, CV and relevant documents.
If you have any questions about the position or recruitment process, then don't hesitate to contact our external recruitment partner Mille Frydensberg at +45 26 48 93 99 or email@example.com
Have a great day and we are excited to hear from you!
Learn more about the program: http://www.dsb.dk/nyetanker
Your time and career are important to Strepa
… and you can expect honesty, respect, and constructive feedback from us.
As a candidate working with Strepa, we do our best to match you with companies, which reflects your values and ambitions and can contribute to your professional development so you stay passionate and motivated in your job.